Since then, it has become highly successful, and is of one of the most popular American animations that deals with real-life difficulties such as politics, outrage culture, violence, religion and racism. The show has won several Emmys for its comedy.
Matt Stone was born in Houston, Texas, to Gerald Whitney Stone and Sheila Lois Belasco. His father Gerald is of Irish Catholic descent, while his mother Sheila is an Ashkenazi Jew. The characters of Gerald and Sheila Broflovski are named after them. He spent his childhood in Littleton, Colorado, in the Denver area, and attended the Heritage High School. He graduated from the University of Colorado Boulder, and met Trey Parker while attending there.
Voices on South Park编辑
Matt Stone voices a significant amount of characters on South Park, after Trey Parker. Some of the characters in which he voices are listed below.
- Cannibal! The Musical (1993): actor, co-writer, producer
- The Spirit of Christmas (Jesus vs. Frosty, 1992; Jesus vs. Santa, 1995)
- Orgazmo (1997): actor, co-writer, producer
- South Park (TV series, 1997-present): co-creator, voices, writer, additional music, executive producer
- BASEketball (1998): actor
- South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (1999): voices, co-writer, producer
- "Even if You Don't" by Ween (music video, 2000): director
- That's My Bush! (TV series, 2001): co-creator, writer, executive producer
- Team America: World Police (2004): co-writer, voices, producer
- This Film Is Not Yet Rated (2006): guest appearance
- The Book of Mormon (Broadway Musical Theater, 2011): producer, co-writer, music